Friday, November 15, 2013

Review - mumbaicakeshop.com

It was my fiancé's birthday last month and I wanted to give him a surprise. Normally I would have planned a candle light dinner and showered him with gifts - but that's what we did just 3 weeks before his birthday when he packed his bags and moved to Mumbai from Pune.My friends told me start sending him weekly gifts until his birthday - so I logged on to Flipkart to see what I could do about it. After spending close to 2 hours on Flipkart, this is what I realised - firstly it is very very difficult to buy gifts for men.. Duhh..just how many times can you gift someone shirts, cufflinks & ties...and now my fiance has started complaining that he doesn't have place for so many things in his cupboard :( He better do something about it soon or else where will I keep my things post marriage.....The second thing I realised is that sending him gifts weekly would burn a BIG BIG hole in my pocket - and with just 3 months left for the wedding, I am trying to get into that wise, practical samajhdaar biwi wala mode :P. So basically I was looking for a sasta, sundar takao tareeka to surprise him on his birthday.
And that's when I discovered Mumbai Cake Shop - these guys let you order birthday cakes online and have an option of midnight delivery. they have an amazing range of cakes and  you can also request for flowers, chocolates & even wine to be delivered to someone for their birthday. I placed an order for 1/2 kg Birdys Cake shop chocolate truffle cake (It seems Birdy's cake shop is a famous cake shop in Mumbai). The cake in itself cost me 950 bucks and I paid 200 extra for midnight delivery. The cake was delivered exactly at 12:00 midnight and thank God for that - you see I am one of those who can't keep my eyes open post 11:00 pm. So I had set an alarm in phone to wake up at midnight and wish him. But as usual, when the alarm buzzed,I dismissed it and went off to sleep. However, my fiancé was so suprised and touched at the gesture that he himself gave me call :) And even at that moment, instead of wishing him I said - please cake ki photo kheech lena for my blog :) - a sweetheart that he is..that's what he did.. So here's what the cake looked like - I must say I am pretty proud of myself for coming up with such great ideas :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment